Translate

Monday, November 17, 2014

JnW Crafts "Thankful" Tag

With Christmas and an imminent move just around the corner, I find myself under pressure to be ready for the holidays NOW!  My crafting supplies will be packed for transport within the next couple of weeks and I am trying my best to work ahead.

My guest spot for JnW Crafts is coming to an end also, and I wanted to use one of my favorite templates before my time is up...the teddy bear.   The teddy bear is synonymous with the holidays...soft and fuzzy wearing a stocking cap and scarf, nestled among the presents, or the topic of a Christmas storybook.  I chose to put my teddy bear on a gift tag to be used on a very special gift.


Before I made the tag, I covered the acrylic bear with PVA Glue and Flower Soft then set it aside to dry. I adhered holiday patterned paper to the tag, created some additional layers, and inked all of the edges to give the tag a vintage look.  Next, I die-cut some pine branches and hot glued them at the top of the tag along with a couple of pine cones and red ribbon.  The teddy bear, with a red bow tied around his neck, is glued on top of the tag layers along with the sentiment, "Thankful for you this holiday season!"   A little red acrylic heart embellishment is the final touch.

I am super happy with the way this tag turned out.  It has the vintage look I was going for and lots of dimension and texture.  

Featured Product
JnW Crafts Acrylic Teddy Bear Template

Visit the JnW Crafts Store to see their selection of available templates.

Thanks for stopping by to share my inspiration.


2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Vicki! this is the sweetest tag ever! Love all the textures! hugs, de

Betty McDougal said...

Love this tag. You continue to amaze me. What creative talent.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails