Translate

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Craft-Dee BowZ " Hope...Believe...Dream" Canvas

I'm up on the Craft-Dee BowZ Blog today with my August Design Team inspiration.  August?  Where did June and July go?   This month, we are working with yellow, lavender, and mint green ribbons along with stencils on our projects.
 
I chose to make an altered canvas wall hanging using one of my favorite stencils...
"Hope, Believe, Dream"

I used lots of spray mists to give the background coat some shimmer.  Next, I placed the stencil and used inks over the entire area.  Before removing the stencil, I added glass bead gel over the flower area. It gives great texture and a unique appearance when it has dried.  I removed the stencil, let the glass bead gel completely air dry and added some extra color to the flowers.  To finish off the flowers, I used green Flower Soft at the top of each stem just below the flower base.  This is another great product for adding texture to projects.  The butterflies are die-cut from glitter paper and vellum.  I used three die-cut words as the quote and added a few sequins for more texture.  The yellow ruffled trim is hot glued around the perimeter of the canvas. The final embellishment is the lovely lavender bow created with my Craft-Dee BowZ Tool
 
Featured Product

From my stash... 
Cheery Lynn Mini Dimensional Butterflies Die-Cut
Close To My Heart Ink - Sorbet, Taffy
Design Team Product - Ribbon, Ruffled Trim, Sequins
Flower Soft - Green
Liquitex Glass Bead Gel 
My Little Yellow Bicycle Die-Cut Words
Prima Mulberry Rosse and Stencil
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
Other: Oval canvas

I hope I have inspired you today with my "Hope, Believe, Dream" canvas.

Thanks for stopping by!

Join our August Challenge, "Anything goes and include a handmade bow."  You could be our challenge winner and receive a Craft-Dee BowZ Badge for your blog sidebar!

Stay tuned for Craft-Dee BowZ August Blog Hop!



2 comments:

Lucy Chesna said...

Beautiful and love all the details. BL

I'm a Little Teapot said...

So lovely! Great colors and details!
Thank you so much for leaving the kind comments on my blog. I took a nice stroll through your inspiring blog and made sure to become an email follower, too!
Have a good day! Hugs, Kathy Jo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails